Sunday, January 30, 2011

Having kids in Middle School!!

Today is Sunday and there is still 15 to 20 inches of un melted snow outside. I might have been able to go for a Motorcycle ride today, or maybe grab some pistols and head to shoot some old ammo that is nearing end of life.
Maybe the wife and could have gone bowling, or the movies or doing something nice together.  But NNNOOOOOOOOO, my 14 year old #3 son has a school project to complete. Now he has been working on this elaborate project for about 2 weeks on and off, but it is now due on Tuesday. So my day today and half of yesterday is tied up helping him attain a good grade in History. Why do teachers assign things that truly make the parents go nuts??  So we had to go to Home Depot for wood and chicken wire to make a frame and base. We had to buy wood screws, toy civil war soldiers and cannons, paint for the roads and houses he built. We went to a fabric store
 All in $47.00 so far.  My wife is picking up some thumbtacks to hold the felt down to the frame he built. Then he (AKA we) has to mount and sew the 100 soldiers and cannons to the felt. LOL!!

It's getting there....If I don't go crazy first!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. My son is in 8th grade and we - I should say he and his mother - completed the project. My question is what did he learn from the project? Can get a good answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised how much he did learn, I will agree. His project got a 195 out of a possible 200. Gettysburg battle. He asked me if I was there. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete