Thursday, February 3, 2011

Nerf gun to school, 7 year old charged with crime, in NJ WTF?

Cops Charge 7-Year-Old for Bringing Toy Gun to Class

Only in NJ could this happen.  You have heard me before go off and have a blown neck vein about the "Zero Tolerance" policies that school boards have in place. This idiotic policy is a crazy attempt to not be held responsible for ANYTHING.  I am sure there is a lawyers answer to these types of policies, and I am sure it has to do with insurance policy prices and mandates for coverage. How do we allow this?  I mean, please read the story.  It was a 5 dollar NERF gun. Not even a 30 dollar NERF gun, a $5.00 one. I mean, really??

Does any parent who reads my blog truly believe that this is something that this child should have been handcuffed and taken away from his school for? Police charged the 7-year-old with possessing an imitation firearm in or on an education institution – a misdemeanor and a minor juvenile offense in New Jersey.


No comments:

Post a Comment