Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Repercussions for a Borough nearby.

So son #2 and I own a car that son#2 drives mostly. The car is an old beater that has served my family well for many years. I am thinking the engine has over 130,000 miles on it. So enough about the car, let's talk about local borough stupidity IMHO.

Son #2 gets a parking ticket in said borough, I think it was initially 10 bucks. Of course, with his busy schedule of partying and sleeping late he doesn't get around to paying it. The ticket was placed on the car at 1:00 AM in the morning for parking to close to a corner. His band was playing in a local club. No biggy right?  Well, in the mail about a month ago I, and he, get a letter saying all those nasty things about "since we didn't pay it was now 65 dollars, blah, blah, blah. I give the paperwork to my son, tell him 10 is now 65 and I go on my way.

Yesterday, and I shit you not, the borough sent 2 constables to my house 25 miles away, to ARREST either me or my son to get their money. Because the car has both our names on it, we are both subject to arrest.  Now you should know that no one was home at the time, so what do they do?  They leave a HUGE cardboard typed up nasty script taped to my door, right in plain site.

So what do I do now?  You might think this is funny, as I do, but I will get my pound of flesh!
The ticket is now paid, and I am no longer subject to arrest. But that tiny borough will ultimately lose. These kind of tactics backfire. I have openly decided to NEVER spend a dime in any business in their borough, I am also taking the time to e mail any businesses I find in the borough using the Internet and sending them this story. If ever given the opportunity to shop for placement of an office or location for my business, it will not be in this borough. The borough chamber of commerce will be copied, the Rotary club, the Lions club and the Optimists clubs will all be copied. I have openly copied my extensive distribution list of Patriot riders, HOG members and Military Veterans. Some will laugh at my suggestion, some will ignore, but a few??  And all I need is a few to say, "Let's stay out of West Chester Borough!"

West Chester Borough is now on the dannytheman won't spend a dime list!! 
West Chester borough?  Not ...

No comments:

Post a Comment