Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Am Riding

I have been able to ride the bike to work and around town lately again without the extra time it generally takes to layer up for the cold.  I love to ride, but I sure hate getting so bundled up and wired into heated clothing that short trips are a major pain. So now, I can throw on my leather jacket, leave the chaps at home and use gloves that don't need to be plugged in to heat my hands.  It is a totally free experience.
So today, again, I will ride to work. It is a little less than 20 miles, and takes about 30 minutes during the rush. I will enjoy it, as tonight as I rush home, I have to jump into a different uniform and Umpire a baseball game at the Major League field.
I jump between my passions.  Today, I will dress the biker and head to work. Arriving at work I will dress the worker and do my job. Then I will reacquire the inner biker to get home, change my clothes and become the head umpire in charge of Field 1.  But wait, if you have read this far, read a little further.
After the umpire gig, my wife and I are attending a class on how to raise and support a sports minded child.
What's on your agenda?

3 comments:

  1. Busy busy busy. Looks like you got a lot going on. I understand. I also understand enjoying the riding without having to layer up with a lot of gear. Hope you enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing the 'wrencher' thing this week. Mostly it's been running through a set of carbs that just won't do quite what they're supposed to. Still, even with slow progress it's been a lot of fun. Mix that with a 700 mile trip to WV and it's been a pretty good week.

    Glad to hear you're out and riding. It's that time of year. I've been out on the new bike, too. I'm stuck inside today, though, on account of the rain...

    Brady
    Behind Bars - Motorcycles and Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. motorz- It was quite a night, but I made it.
    Brady- All my wrenching I did in the winter. And I switched to EFI, and grew fond of it.

    When it rains it pours right? Like I have 3 meetings all on the 2nd Wednesday night of the month. None any other night, just 3 different groups all on the same night. I am riding Sunday, leaving my place at 6:30AM and heading North for half a day, then turning around at 2:30 and heading South. I need it bad!!

    ReplyDelete