Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Sweetest Place On Earth

I have a couple days off this week. One of them will be to join my #3 sons 8th grade class on his class trip to Hershey Park. I am a chaperone for the trip, but I never really know what that means.  My wife and I chaperone these trips a lot and there is really nothing for the parents to do, but I guess there is a psychological advantage to having Moms and Dads along for the trip. I get a long with all my sons friends, I like them and they respect me. I leave him alone and don't crowd him, he is a smart responsible boy and he always seems to remember his upbringing, so as he gets older my wife and I let out more rope.  It has worked for us both with the older 2 boys, so hoping number 3 will follow suite.

I haven't been inside Hershey Park for a couple of years, and even when I was there it was a company picnic thing. A couple guys and I rode our bikes out and we ate lunch and then left to go back riding. I didn't get to sample many of the rides and amusements when I was there. (Although it was weird seeing a couple of woman I worked with for years in wet bathing attire, one smoking hot, 3 others not so. LOL)  So this time I will actually be able to sample some of the rides and fun of the park. I might even buy and eat some sweets. (I love Hershey milk chocolate) I must add that the temps will up in the upper 90's while we are there, I just heard on the TV.  That may make it more interesting. Sun Screeen and hydration alert!

So look for some pictures and ride reviews here later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment