Monday, August 8, 2011

Rebels WITH a Cause

I know this to be true!!!! Please read the entire story .

I have ridden for many years, and the Harley folks are by far the most generous group of bikers I have ever met!  I must also give a shout out the Honda Gold Wing group for coming in a distant second.
My own Harley chapter has over the last 5 years given out over $30K in charity dollars raised by dues, poker runs and chili contests.  Where are the Victory boys?  Where are the BMW boys??
Harley is more than a bike or a brand, it is a lifestyle!  A lifestyle of generosity and caring for children and wounded soldiers, fireman and LEO's.  Next time you hear my loud pipes, think of this story!!

And in its 30-year association with the Muscular Dystrophy Association, Harley-Davidson has raised more than $76 million for the charity.

In three years, the Legends Ride has raised more than $150,000.

lunch with Mayor Mark Carstensen. Cost is $161.25, and last year's ride collected more than $10,000 for the fire department.

West Coast Thunder has donated more than $350,000 to the Riverside National Cemetery.

Kyle Petty Ride.To date, the rides have raised more than $14 million for Victory Junction and other charities, and more than 7,200 children have attended the camp free of charge.

3 comments:

  1. But... but... y'all are "bikers"... :-) Y'all have done good, no question and people just refuse to believe it. Keep on Biking Danny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I was 'ascared of these folks when I was riding a Yamaha many years ago. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL- And now you ARE one :-)

    ReplyDelete