Friday, September 16, 2011

Friend of NRA Bucks County Night!

I was happy to attend the Bucks County Friends of NRA dinner last night! I had the chance to join some of my coworkers and some fellow bloggers at this 1st annual event.  Bitter and Sebastian, from Snowflakes in Hell , were involved with Bitter chairing the event! She did a great job with organizing! The hall was beautiful, the food and service were exquisite and the company was funny!!
In my party of 4, we had 3 winners. Ken won the nights first drawing of a 308 bolt action rifle. Jack won a new Glock pistol of his choice and I won a 4 gun hard pistol and ammo case. I felt bad for Lori, as she won things, like I did , on the silent auction, but bidding isn't the same as having your name drawn from a bucket full of tickets!
I need to buy a house/cabin in the mountains so I can use all the stuff they auction to furnish and decorate it!
If you have never been to a Friends of NRA dinner, find one near you, and go, it is fun and exciting night!
The charity you support is always important, and the money is put to good use. 50% of the money raised stays in the Bucks County area. (The other gets pooled to help area of PA that don't do so well!)

Looks to me that they raised over 5000 dollars, a huge success for the first return of Bucks to a Friend of NRA event!





1 comment:

  1. Good for y'all! And yes, they are fun, and I usually come home broke :-)

    ReplyDelete