Monday, September 12, 2011

Sunday, 9/11/2011

I kept it a normal day, but had some thoughts. I attempted to not watch all the memorials on TV. It was an incredibly emotional time for me. I was honestly afraid on 9/11/2001, and until that day I had never felt true fear, I hope I never feel it again. It wasn't about me, but I had a wife and 4 sons to think about. I love my wife, but, IMHO,she would not hold up well in a post apocalyptic world. (Although she continues to amaze me)
Because of those feelings, I chose to try and have a normal day. I was surprised that #3 sons Fall Ball baseball game was scheduled for this day, but it was relaxing. But while there I noticed the U.S. Flag was torn badly and flying over center field! I knew I had to e mail someone about that. So the torn flag brought to 9/11 memories. Then after #3s game we went to lunch at out neighborhood diner, and the lady at the counter couldn't have worn more red, white and blue if she tried! So more memories,
When I got home, I was happy to see the Eagles game and Phillies game both on. When the Eagles went to half time, I watched the Phillies, and got to miss the memorials. Stayed up and watched DALLAS LOSE to the Jets!!   I went to bed a little after midnight, and I said God bless America as I climbed the stairs.
My 9/11 day was different, but unlike 10 years ago, I did not shed a tear!


3 comments:

  1. Dammit, Dallas choked again... sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. NFO? A Dallas Fan?? I would have gigured you for a Redskins guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh HELL no... I'm for Dallas and whomever is playing the Deadskins :-)

    ReplyDelete