Monday, September 19, 2011

Whipping It Out

NFO, via another blogger, OG, has started a show your daily knife thread, and I am happy to participate!
My daily knife is relatively new to me, well at least to the tune of 6 months, but I absolutely love it. It is the Tops/Buck CSAR-T for Combat Search and Rescue Tool. It is clipped to my right hand pants pocket every day. I am. and always have been a huge Buck knife fan. I carried a Buck 110 in the Coast Guard for all those years. I lost the Buck 110 while deep sea fishing, and it is now resting at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean.
I also carry a Stainless Gerber tool, that has a serviceable knife on it everyday. I placed them both in the top picture, because they are always with me. The CSAR in my right front pocket, the Gerber Multi Tool on my rear right hip. In between the 2 is a varied pistol in a holster of choice at the 3:30 position.




4 comments:

  1. I added you to the Gun Blog Black List: gunblogblacklist.blogspot.com

    Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, North!! I appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a nice little knife! And like 'most' military knives, has a hole for a lanyard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which is what the Buck 110 was missing. I bought that Buck 110 while attending Boatswains mate school in Yorktown, VA. I carried that sucker every waking moment of my life. It cut more hawser and line in it's day and saved my ass more times than I can count. It was a part of me. So when it got accidentally deep sixed by a friend while out fishing, I was truly saddened. Saddened enough to not ever buy ANOTHER one. There could be only one. LOL!! Stupid?, Maybe. But true Salts will understand the relationship between a Boats and his knife.
    All that said, I am very happy with the new one!

    ReplyDelete