Sunday, November 20, 2011

Women Shooters Continue to Grow!

More woman are shooting for fun and self protection.

I have not met one woman in all my 55 years that did not enjoy shooting. I also find them incredibly gifted at it. They take instruction better and seem to have a natural ability to score well! But I am so happy to see this growing self protection market. This is why the pro gun side is truly winning. Any woman can easily balance the difference of power between a 6 foot tall, 250 pound man, and her little 5'4" inch, 100 to 140 pound woman frame. (Based on height variation.)
"Since 2001, more than 57,000 women have attended our (Women on Target) clinics across the country," says Rachel Parsons, a spokeswoman for the National Rifle Association. "And we know anecdotally from our NRA-certified instructors that they're seeing more and more women enrolling in their classes. Gun clubs are now having Ladies Night Out at the range. And shops are carrying more products tailored to women."
 57,000 is no drop in the pan number, that is huge.

"Now the typical class is 40% to 50% female," he says.
Guys?  I need you to share this story with your wife, mother, daughters, sister and any of their female friends. Even knights in shining armor can't be there all the time, let alone LEO's. Then after they have read it and said, "That's interesting," take them to the range!!
"I was very anti-gun until about a year and a half ago," she says, trying out pistols at Target Sports in Royal Oak. "I'd never held one until then. Once I held it, I don't know, there was something about the power of the gun in your hand. And I did pretty well from the very first time. When I hit my first bulls-eye, it was incredible. It made me want to do it all over again. And it's a great stress-reliever."



No comments:

Post a Comment