Friday, December 2, 2011

1 Week Versus No Response At All

I contacted both of my Federal Senators, Pat Toomey and Bob Casey, last week to ask for them to look and sign on to any Senate bill resembling the House passed HR-822 bill.  Today, and might I say quickly, I received a response from Pat Toomey, copied below! I want to add that Pat Toomey sent me an automated response that informed me he received my email and he would respond in some time. I received nothing from Bob Casey. Today I received Pat Toomey's response. I am still waiting for Bob Casey to respond.  I will keep an eye out for it.  I think I can count Pat as a yes vote for National Reciprocity. He gets an "A" rating from me!



 Dear Mr. (Dannytheman)

Thank you for contacting me about the National Right to Carry Reciprocity Act (H.R. 822). I appreciate hearing from you.
Like many Pennsylvanians, I have long been a supporter of Second Amendment rights. They are of fundamental importance to our nation, and I believe that Americans have a personal, constitutional right to self-protection and to engage in recreational activities involving firearms. In fact, during my previous tenure in the House of Representatives (1999-2005), my record of supporting gun owners' rights earned me an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association. 
As you may know, H.R. 822 passed the House of Representatives on November 16, 2011 by a vote of 272 to 154. Among its provisions, this measure would require all states to honor concealed weapons permits issued by another state. H.R. 822 currently awaits consideration in the Senate. Please be assured that I will keep your views about this legislation in mind as this measure progresses through the legislative process.
Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.
Sincerely,
 
Signature
Pat Toomey
U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania



No comments:

Post a Comment