Thursday, December 29, 2011

Kwanzaa is BS All the Way!

Sammy writes the truth and the facts, and I agree.

The man who created the holiday, Maulana Karenga was a convicted violent felon. In 1971 Karenga was convicted of torturing two women who were members of US (United Slaves), a black nationalist cult he had founded.

A May 14, 1971, article in the Los Angeles Times described the testimony of one of them: "Deborah Jones, who once was given the Swahili title of an African queen, said she and Gail Davis were whipped with an electrical cord and beaten with a karate baton after being ordered to remove their clothes. She testified that a hot soldering iron was placed in Miss Davis' mouth and placed against Miss Davis' face and that one of her own big toes was tightened in a vise. Karenga, head of US, also put detergent and running hoses in their mouths, she said."

 Heck even Karenga admitted it was a fraud
“I created Kwanzaa,” laughed Ron Karenga like a teenager who’s just divulged a deeply held, precious secret. “People think it’s African. But it’s not. I wanted to give black people a holiday of their own. So I came up with Kwanzaa. I said it was African because you know black people in this country wouldn’t celebrate it if they knew it was American. Also, I put it around Christmas because I knew that’s when a lot of bloods (blacks) would be partying!”

 If the Black people in America would like to come up with a holiday that celebrates, their valuable contribution to America I would not object. Nor would I object to a celebration of the rich Western Africa culture that many of them lost when they were dragged from their homelands to become slaves in America. and to our culture I have no objection. But what I don't understand is why anybody would want to follow a violent felon in a made-up holiday  that mistakes segregationism for spirituality and fiction for history.

No comments:

Post a Comment