The weather on Sunday looks cold and possibly wet, so I want to choose well. Cold weather riding brings some lessons I have learned over the many years of riding year round.
- Layers are good, as long as you don't look like the Michelin Man.
- Heated gear is better. Expensive, but get a piece a year.(Gloved first IMHO)
- A balaclava made for motorcycling is incredible. Cover that neck area.
- Wool socks, heavy wool socks.
- Shine your boots. Keeps wind and wet out.(And you look nice)
- Warm up your bike at least 2 minutes if under 30 degrees. 20/50 weight oil is great, but heat it up.
- Road salt will eat at your electronic plastics that are exposed. Wash it off sooner than later.