Friday, June 8, 2012

NJ Continues To Nanny, Now BB Guns

You are hereby convicted to 10 years in prison and a $150,000 fine for the possession of a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun.

When I was a kid, 8 to 15, I can't tell you how many days I sat out back of my parents yard shooting my Daisy BB rifle. I crank on the lever and fire. 100's of times a day. My dad use to hang empty Miller High Life cans from our apple tree and I would get them all swinging and eventually rip them in half. I would buy the cartons of BB's at Kmart.  I think a 1000 BB's were a dollar. The gun would hold darn near 500 in the barrel. In October, when the apples would fall, the bees would be all over the dead apples on the ground. I would set up a lawn chair about 15 feet away and pick off bees for hours after school. I credit my marksman like ability with that BB gun to turning me into the Expert Rifle and Pistol medal winner in the Coast Guard.
Today I live in a community, not far from where I grew up, that you can not shoot a BB gun. My kids can shoot in the garage, if the door is closed at targets, but not outside in the yard. Things have changed.

I don't know the reason, other than anti gun fears, that NJ would ever pass such a stupid and idiotic law.
But it is NJ and they have joined NY and California as the highest taxes and lowest freedom States in the Union.

Whatever happened to COMMON Sense?



4 comments:

  1. Um... truly a WTF moment... sigh... Time for me to get the hell back to Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly thinking of moving there. Let's get a 4 bedroom with huge garage and indoor shooting range?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I think having a indoor shooting range is the best option I feel:) It will be very excited:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would prefer NJ wake up and recognize the 2nd amendment! If I want to shoot a BB gun out back in the privacy of my property, I should have the freedom to do so.

    Inside is nice but hard to get a 50 foot shot.

    ReplyDelete