Thursday, May 15, 2014

Armed Service Day is May 17th

Not much more I can say here. For us old farts it was a hard time. Maybe I need to get a tattoo?
Thanks to Old NFO for the link.

May 17th is Armed Services Day. Please thank a Vet.

I may have mentioned in the past, I thank every Vet I find. If I see a hat, or a pin, I approach them all and offer a sincere thanks and handshake. If you are in uniform, I am coming for you. I use to embarrass my kids, then they learned and would point them out for me. I don't think it is to much to ask to thank those who MAY have put the life on the line. Those of us who have served know that not all put their actual life on the line, I was in the Coast Guard right?, but we know how it works, those that do put their life on the line need the support of all those behind the lines of the immediate danger. I was a great boat handler. But without my crew, without the radiomen back on shore, without the support system we were nothing. WE get that.

God bless all Vets who have served and understand their oath and what it means.

Semper Paratus!


No comments:

Post a Comment