Saturday, May 3, 2014

CalGuns and Other Stories.

Looks like I am back deeply involved. I am now running the CalGuns Monthly shoot at the The Firing Line indoor range for the 4th Friday night get together.
The Firing Line is a nice little Range in Burbank, about 4 miles from my apartment and 3 miles from my office. I started going there 4 month ago, didn't shoot the first 2 months and now am a member of the range and running a monthly shoot for CalGuns. Remember when you say, you are willing to help, if you wait long enough people are willing to listen and empower you. The shoot starts at 1900 hours and goes until they close at 2200. Pizza, which I have to order and pick up across the street, starts at 2030. I will run some raffles and hope to sell some swag at the event to help make the group funds. People are encouraged to bring cool firearms and do a show and tell session. The range attempts to give us a entire 8 bay range, they have 2, when we get there. Last 2 month we have had to wait. The people shooting population grows.
I will have someone, Chad, hand holding me this month, May 23.  Next month, June, it will be all me.  I hope I get time to shoot some.I will post more pictures here as I collect them.

I will be in California 11 months on the 10th.  It will get increasingly hard to maintain my PA address through the 2014 year. But I am more comfortable here, but I miss my kids, and my ex-wife more than I would have ever guessed. 3 hours is an incredible time variation when you work here in PSDT until 7PM minimum. My new boss stays late, and therefore, so do I mostly. Calling my kids after 10, their time, is a mixed bag.  I hate to wake them on a school night, or I might catch them doing homework. Either way, I am disturbing them.

I will be driving to Vegas to meet my oldest son in May. He has a work related show to attend and he is staying longer to hang with his old man.  He will take the brunt of the missing hugs and kisses for the rest of the family. I am pumped to go see him and stay with him for the 3 to 4 days. There will be steak and beer shortage in Vegas, heads up.

I am looking to see when I can back east again, hoping the end of June. Sure would like to get away to North Myrtle Beach if possible. My ex has a pending medical concern that may slow this option. And yes, I would still vacation with my ex wife. She really is still a good friend, great mom and all around heart filled person.  My new boss insist that I be in the office if he isn't, so when I asked about vacation he told me wait until he decides when his is.  LOL 

I have not applied for my carry license here in Los Angeles yet. I am waiting the full release of the Peruto ruling before wasting my time. In Orange County people are waiting 8 to 10 months for the interview process. But they are getting them.  When I tell my friends back east about the gun laws here, they choke. I am not sure WHY the citizens here just give up so easy on their rights. I run into more people who seem to have the anti gun talking points down, and believe them. When I tell them they are all lies and I can prove it, and then do, they still say things like, "Why would they say it?" Ughh.

Enough for now.  CU all later!





2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see the organization out in the limelight. I've a cousin in California who is anxious to get out and learn to shoot, and happy there are like minded people out there. Thank you for all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brigid. Things need to change here, and I aim to help bring some!

    ReplyDelete